Unit trusts are primarily used as investment pooling vehicles that may be regulated. The proper structuring of these vehicles is crucial and the role of the trustee is vital in safeguarding the interests of the ultimate investors.
Harneys trustee professionals exercise independent judgment and act in the best interest throughout the life of the trust. They provide central management and control in the British Virgin Islands or Cayman Islands. Our team has in depth experience and works closely with Harneys law firm to deliver a seamless integration of management, administration and legal services.
Our longstanding history in both jurisdictions makes us an industry leading firm, assuring clients we are always at the forefront of all regulatory requirements and any impending changes.
Clients choose Harneys not only for our expertise but for our robust team of experts. Our trustee services team work closely together with the structuring lawyer allowing us to quickly and efficiently communicate with managers, administrators, regulators and other interested parties.
Our unit trust services include the following:
- establishing unit trust structures, from drafting the trust deed to the implementation of the contractual arrangements to start operations;
- acting as liaison with regulators, from registering the unit trust in BVI or Cayman to complying with ongoing reporting obligations and implementing changes to the operations of the trust;
- establishing and overseeing the contractual arrangements with other service providers, including administrator, investment manager, auditors, bankers and brokers;
- safeguarding the trust assets;
- reviewing net asset value calculations and audited financial statements.